When you are using your Windows 10, it is obvious that it gets loaded with multiple 3rd-party apps and software. These apps start running in Windows 10 startup. In order to boost up the speed of your Windows, it is necessary to remove Windows 10 Startup Programs. Certain apps are convenient to get opened at startup, but some unnecessary apps delay our working progress. Thus, we need to monitor and disable or remove any unwanted apps from the startup. Now, if you are looking for how to stop programs from running at startup Windows 10, then these certain methods would help you serve the best. These techniques will help to change your system’s apps according to your preference. You can conveniently add or delete any app from the list anytime you desire.
Windows 10 Startup Programs – How to Change / Turn Off?
Below are the simple steps to change or disable or add Startup Program Windows 10
How to Change Startup Programs Windows 10?
For changing some apps which start running automatically whenever you open your Windows 10 system, this method will help you. Follow these easy steps:
1. Go to the “Start” menu on your Windows 10 and open the “Settings” option.
2. As you open “Settings”, click on “Apps”.
3. Go to the “Startup” option that you see on your screen’s left pane.
4. A list of apps gets generated. Ensure that any particular app that you wish to run at the startup is turned “On”. And turn “Off” all other apps that you do not wish to startup automatically.
Windows 10 Add Program to Startup using File Location
In this method, by using the File location, you can either remove or paste all those startup program shortcuts.
1. Select the “Start” button on your Windows and scroll it to locate the app you wish to run at startup.
2. Right-click on that particular app and then click on the “More” option.
3. Now select “Open file location”. This will open the location of the saved app’s shortcut.
4. If the “Open file location” option is not available, then it implies that you cannot add a particular app to the startup.
5. When file location gets opened, press the “Windows key + R” together on your keyboard and type “shell:startup” in the “Run” dialogue box and press “OK”.
6. Now the “Startup” folder gets opened. Now copy the app shortcut from the “File location” and paste it into the Windows 10 Startup Folder.
How to Disable Startup Programs Windows 10?
Let us get acquainted with the process that deals with how to disable startup programs in our Windows 10.
1. In your Windows 10, right-click on the taskbar below your screen and select “Task Manager”.
2. On the window that opens, it will be displaying the currently running programs. To access more apps, click on the “More details” option below that window.
3. In “Task Manager” that opened, go to “Startup” located on the top.
4. You will see a detailed list of all apps and the status of each app. If any particular app is enabled and you want to remove it, then right-click on that app and select “Disable”.
5. Note that even though the app which you have disabled will still be on that list, it won’t run automatically on the startup.
If your system is taking a longer boot time, it might probably be due to some unwanted apps running at the startup. You can very easily look for those apps that are creating trouble, and also, you can remove them effortlessly. It is necessary for you to monitor the startup apps Windows 10 to keep your system up-to-date and work smoothly. Adding or deleting any app can be a piece of cake if you follow those methods, as mentioned above. Hope this guide eases you to minimize the boot time of your PC and speeds up your working as well.