Passwords or a login id are some of the best ways to safeguard your data stored on your Windows desktop. It comes in handy when you are working in a public workspace. But on the other hand, if you want to log in with the help of a private network, it could be a little frustrating. Every Windows 10 PC will allow you to quickly log in with a 4-digit passcode. At first, this feature was designed for the Windows 8 operating system and has been carried forward to Windows 10. If you want to get rid of remembering a password and get into your desktop screen quicker, make use of the Windows 10 Auto Login feature. You can set an automatic login system on your Windows 10 computer by following these simple steps as listed below:
How to Make Windows 10 Auto Login?
Follow any of the below 4 methods to make your Windows 10 Auto Sign In.
Method 1: Turn on Auto Login in Windows 10
1. First, open “Run” by pressing the “Windows + R” key combination or by typing “Run” in the windows search panel.
2. Now, the “Run” dialogue box will be launched and type “netplwiz” and select “OK”.
3. A new window will open up; click on “Users”. At the top of the user’s page, there is an option that reads, “Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.” Uncheck the box next to it and click on “Apply” located at the bottom right side.
4. After selecting “Apply,” a new window opens. This page will ask you for your username and password for confirmation. Fill in the required details and click “OK”.
5. Now, when you restart your desktop, you will see a sign-in screen, but there is no need to enter any password in it. You simply have to click on it, and your desktop’s home screen will open.
Method 2: Enable Auto Login With Windows 10 Auto Login Registry
1. Launch the “Run” tab by tapping the “Windows + R” key together or scroll to “Start” and search for “Run”.
2. Once the run dialogue box opens, type “Regedt32.exe” in the given box and click “OK” to move further.
3. A new registry editor window appears. This tool contains several folders located at the right pane of the page. There, search for the below-mentioned folder:
4. Now, from the right pane, double-click on the “Default use name” entry. Type in your respective username and click “OK”. Later, double-click on “DefaultPassword” and type in the password, and tap “OK”.
5. Next, go to “Edit,” located on the top left of the menu bar and click “New,” then select “String Value”.
6. Enter the new value as “DefaultPassword” and click “Ok”.
7. Now the final step involves creating a new value for your Windows 10 desktop. For this, scroll your cursor at the “Edit” tab on the menu bar and click on “New”.
8. Next, under “New,” select “String Value” and type “AutoAdminLogon” in the new string value dialogue box and click “OK”.
9. Search for ‘AutoAdminLogon’ on the page’s right panel. Click on it and enter “1” in the “Value field”.
10. Once you have entered the value, click “Ok” and save these changes.
11. Exit “Registry Editor” and restart your desktop. You can now set Windows 10 to Auto Login without any need for a password.
Method 3: Autologin On Windows 10 Without a Password
This is an easy and quick method you can log in to your Windows 10 computer. With these actions as given below, you will learn how to log into Windows 10 without password.
1. First, launch “Run” by pressing the “Windows + R” key combination.
2. Type “netplwiz” in that dialogue box and press “OK”.
3. Now tap on “Users” and select your user account. Next, uncheck the box labeled as “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”.
4. Select “Apply” at the page’s bottom right and move to the next window.
5. You will be directed to a new “Automatically sign in” window. In the dialogue box provided, type your password and re-enter it to confirm the same.
6. After the above process, click “OK” and restart your computer.
Method 4: Disable or Enable Auto Login Windows 10 with AutoLogon
AutoLogon is a utility designed by SysInternals that helps you to set up the automatic login on your Windows. Following measures will enable/disable AutoLogin on Windows 10:
1. Log into your Microsoft account, go to the “Microsoft AutoLogon Docs” Page and download the “AutoLogon” tool on your computer.
2. Next, open “My Computer” and select “Downloads” from the left side panel.
3. Search for “AutoLogon,” and a new window will appear.
4. At first, to get access, you will have to accept its license terms, later select “Agree” to accept.
5. Next, you will need to type in your account name and select either “Disable” or “Enable”.
6. Restart your desktop and see whether the option you have selected is in function.
Here we wrap up our guide. We hope our solutions have given you a clear picture of how to enable/disable the Auto Login feature of your Windows 10 desktop. You may want to think of having a login system for your laptop if you have stored confidential data in it. All our methods are tested and examined for perfect results; make sure you go through the previously stated steps thoroughly to avoid any hassle when putting them into action.