What is Vizio SmartCast? It’s a smart way to turn your TV into a device for binge-watching TV shows and movies uninterruptedly. You can enjoy your own little theatre in your home by connecting your streaming accounts to the Vizio SmartCast TV. You can create your own playlist and play music of your own choice while sharing pictures and videos as well. Also, you can sometimes face certain problems with Vizio TV, as it may show “connection not available.” In this article, you would find every possible solution to this Vizio SmartCast TV Not Available problem, as we have listed out the probable techniques to remedy these issues.
7 Ways to Fix SmartCast TV Not Available Error
If you have faced this “Vizio SmartCast Network Connection Lost” problem, then there might be a few common problems due to which the errors occur. One of these reasons is that your device is not connected to an internet connection. Or it might be the casting apps you have in your device that are taking more memory than usual. Sometimes, when your device is loaded with many applications that you do not use regularly, these errors may occur. Here, you would find some of the best solutions to get your SmartCast TV back to work. Follow these easy methods to fix your Vizio SmartCast problems in no time.
Method 1: System Firmware Update
If you have not updated your Vizio SmartCast TV yet, it might be a good idea to start fixing the error problem. Vizio launches updates frequently, and updating your device for their bug fixes and other features might be helpful for you.
- Turn your Vizio SmartCast TV on and then connect the device to any network. Make sure that you are connected to the internet.
- Go to the settings option and then find “Systems.”
- Now find out if there are any updates available in the Systems section. Click on “Check for systems update” and confirm the same.
- If there are updates, then it is better to install them.
- Now restart your TV and enjoy the shows without any errors.
Method 2: Restarting your Vizio SmartCast TV
Restarting your Vizio SmartCast TV is one of the easiest methods, as this method can be helpful when you are stuck on the menu page on your device.
- First, you have to turn the TV off and then take the plug of your Vizio TV out of the socket.
- Do not plug back in for the next 5 to 10 minutes, in the least.
- When the Vizio TV is unplugged, you have to press the power button and hold it for at least one minute.
- After the completion of one minute, leave the button and plug your TV back in the socket.
- Turn the SmartCast TV on again, and you should be able to surf your previously surfed channels from the menu.
Method 3: Factory Resetting Vizio SmartCast
Now, if you have already tried out the previous techniques and your SmartCast TV still would not work properly, then it is time to factory reset your Vizio SmartCast. Let’s see how to reset Vizio Smart TV in six simple steps.
- Press the menu button on your SmartCast TV remote and press it.
- Now open the “Systems” menu and press OK.
- There should be an option called “Reset and Admin,” click on the option.
- Now you got to select the Reset TV in the Factory Defaults tab.
- A notification would pop on the screen, and you have to press OK again.
- Once you have followed all the steps, your TV is reset.
After the factory reset is done, you would again have to install all the applications you had on your TV to enjoy watching your favorite shows.
Method 4: Stable Internet Connection
A stable internet connection is a must-have to enjoy your streaming. If you encounter ‘Vizio TV Won’t Connect to Wifi’ problem, then the following tricks will resolve the loading or connecting issue.
- To have your SmartCast TV working without connection errors, you have to make sure that you have a private internet connection. Any sort of shared network connection like that of hospitals or schools may trigger connectivity issues.
- Sometimes, your wireless router can lead to having a low-speed internet connection. In that case, try moving the router closer to your SmartCast device. Also, try to place it above the level of your TV.
- You can also plug your router out of the sockets and leave it for around 30 to 40 seconds. After 30 seconds, you can put the plug back in and connect your TV to the router. The connectivity problem is gone after this.
- To run a double check to ensure whether your internet is properly working or not, you can try opening random websites or YouTube from some other device, using the same internet source.
Method 5: Changing DHCP Settings
DHCP setting is an essential part of having uninterrupted network connectivity, as it deals with setting up unique IP for individual devices connected to a particular source. You might change the DHCP configuration for a seamless SmartCast TV experience.
1. You have to start with turning off your Vizio TV.
2. Now, get your PC and open any browser on it that you are comfortable with.
3. Enter the URL address of your router on that search bar.
4. Log in to your account that has been registered for your router service.
5. You would find the DHCP section under an option called router settings.
6. Now you simply have to enable the DHCP settings if not enabled. And if enabled already, then try disabling it and enabling it all over again.
7. Once these settings altered, save them and press the Exit button.
8. Restart your Vizio TV, and you should be able to see the issue fixed.
Method 6: Resetting the TV with Remote
You can fix the errors in your TV by resetting it with your TV remote over a few easy steps.
- Find the Input button and press it together along with the sounds up button for ten seconds.
- A notification bar would pop open on your TV screen.
- Press the input button again for ten to fifteen seconds, and your SmartCast TV would be turned off.
- You will have to factory reset your TV using method 3, as we have explained earlier in the article.
Method 7: Using Soft Power Cycle
To fix the ‘Vizio Smartcast is Starting Up Please Wait’ error, follow the below 5 steps
1. Press the menu button on your Vizio SmartCast TV remote.
2. Opt for the Systems option and then navigate your way to the Reset and Admit option. Now there should be an option called Soft Power Cycle. Click on that option and press yes.
3. Your SmartCast TV would be turned off on its own and then work on again.
4. Now, you should restart your smartphone device as well as the router.
5. When the Vizio TV is brought back to life, wait for a minute before turning it on and connecting it to the previous connection it was connected with.
So, fixing your Vizio TV problems is not really something involving rocket science. If you have a few tricks up your sleeve, fixing this connection problem is not a big deal. But you would definitely have to be patient with the methods. If one of these methods does not work, you would have to wait for a few minutes before switching to the next method. Here, we have gathered all 7 easy methods which can potentially resolve your SmartCast TV connectivity issue. We hope you have found this article informative, as using these tricks, you would be able to get your SmartCast TV back to working in no time.