When you are in the middle of browsing, and Google Chrome is creating problems, then the best option to get out of this situation is to completely uninstall Chrome and then install it back again. This is best suitable when facing issues like your browser has stopped responding or not loading properly. Sometimes, your Chrome doesn’t even open properly, or an error message flashes on the screen. In these situations, you have to go for Google Chrome Reinstall.
Be it Windows or Mac, reinstalling Google Chrome is not a tedious task. Anyone can do it very easily without much time by employing a few simple steps. Google Chrome is the most widely and commonly used browser on all types of operating systems. Thus, you have to rectify all of its issues as soon as possible. Following these methods will serve you in a better way for making your Chrome work properly.
What to do when Google Chrome doesn’t open on My Computer?
Google Chrome not opening on your computer or phone could be due to several unknown reasons. It may be possible that some installed antivirus software or malware that prevents Google Chrome from opening on your computer. Any other program that is running or is in the background may also sometimes create problems in opening Chrome. It also might lead to crashing Google Chrome in the middle of something. Constant background running apps or negligence to update also sometimes results in improper working of Chrome on your device.
Method 1: How to Reinstall Google Chrome on Windows?
In order to fix all Google Chrome-related issues on your device, it is required to uninstall and reinstall. If you are working on Windows, follow these simple actions to uninstall and then reinstall your browser:
1. Click on the “Start” button, which is on the screen’s bottom-left corner.
2. Type “Control Panel” in the search menu, and in the left pane that opens up, select “Control Panel”.
3. In the tab that opens up, click on ”Uninstall” under “Programs” that is being displayed.
4. Your screen will generate all installed apps in the menu. Select “Google Chrome” and click on the “Uninstall” button on the top of your screen.
5. Delete all browsing data when the option “Also delete your browsing data?” pops up on the screen. Wait for uninstallation to get completed.
6. Now open another browser and type https://www.google.com/chrome/. Click on the “Download Chrome” button.
7. Wait for the download to start. Once the download is finished, go to “Downloads”.
8. Open “Chrome setup” as displayed in “Downloads” and follow instructions that appear on your screen.
9. Wait for the installation process to get completed. Once this installation is complete, open Chrome to check if the issue persists.
Method 2: How to Uninstall and Reinstall Chrome on Mac?
Uninstalling and reinstalling Google Chrome on Mac follows a simple procedure that involves a few measures.
1. Open the “Applications” folder and locate Google Chrome in that.
2. Drag the app and drop it into the “Trash bin”.
3. Now find the “Go” menu on top of your screen and select “Go to Folder” from the drop-down menu.
4. Type “~/Library/Google” and select “Go”. A window will open that contains the “Google software update” directory.
5. Move this “Google software update” directory to the trash bin. This will delete all of your browsing history and bookmarks from your MacOS.
6. Now to reinstall Google Chrome, open “Safari” or any other browser that you may have on your Mac. Type google.com/chrome.
7. Select the “Download Chrome” button, and the installer will start downloading. Agree to all terms and conditions that appear on your screen.
8. Once download is complete go to the download directory and look for the file with name “googlechrome.dmg”. Let it download all files.
9. Now drag and drop the “Chrome” icon in “Applications”. This automatically starts installing Google Chrome.
10. From that “Applications” folder launch “Google Chrome”. If a prompt appears, click on “Open” to confirm that you wish to start.
Method 3: How to Reinstall Chrome on Android?
1. If Google Chrome has already been installed on your Android device, it might not be possible to delete it. But if you have installed it separately, you can uninstall and reinstall it by going to “Settings”.
2. Go to the “Apps” or “Applications” menu.
3. In the list of apps generated, look for “Chrome”.
4. After opening Chrome, if you find the “Uninstall” option click on that to remove Chrome completely. If the option appears as “Uninstall Updates”, it means Google Chrome that you have already got this browser installed on your device, and you cannot completely remove it.
5. Once you have successfully removed Google Chrome, to install it again, go to “Playstore” on your Android device.
6. In the Play Store search menu, type “Chrome” to get Google Chrome. Click on the “Install” or “Update” button as it appears.
7. Once the installation or update is complete, you can find “Chrome” in your apps or your home screen according to your phone settings.
8. Open it now to check whether it works properly without any interruption.
Method 4: Reinstalling Google Chrome on iPhone and iPad
1. Find the “Chrome” icon on your home screen, long-press it to make your screen’s icons start jiggling.
2. Press the “X” sign on the upper left corner of your Chrome icon to remove it.
3. When its uninstallation process is over, go to the “App Store” on your phone’s home screen to install it again.
4. In the “App Store,” find “Google Chrome” by typing in the search menu. As it appears, click on it to press the “GET” option.
5. If asked for the Apple ID and password before installation, enter the necessary details. After the installation is complete, find the “Chrome” icon on your home screen and click on it to open.
6. Now when Chrome launches again, check to see if the issue is resolved or not.
Method 5: How to Reinstall Chrome without Losing Bookmarks?
Whenever you are about to reinstall the Chrome browser, you are bound to lose all saved data and bookmarks. But, here are a few steps with which you can delete and reinstall Chrome without losing any of your important and relevant data.
1. Create a Google account by going to “google.com”. Enter all required details and click “Next step”.
2. Start Google Chrome and open the customize and “control” menu. Click on “Settings”.
3. On top of the screen, you will find the option “Sign in”. Click “Sign in to Chrome”.
4. Authorization window appears that asks you to enter your Gmail address and password.
5. When authorization is successful, a window with “Advanced Sync Settings” appears. Select all information that you want to sync with your account. Press “OK” to continue.
6. This will save all your bookmarks and important data. This saved data will get restored when you reinstall the browser.
How to Restore Bookmarks in Chrome after Uninstalling?
Once you are done with uninstalling or reinstalling the Google Chrome browser, getting back all the saved data or bookmarks becomes major trouble. It might also be possible that you have accidentally deleted some bookmarks. In such a case, just close all open Chrome windows. If Chrome is already closed, need not open it again as Chrome saves a single backup file. Reopening it will overwrite that backup file every time you open it. In your Windows Explorer open: C:\Users\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default.
You will find 2 bookmark files. The one with the name “Bookmarks. bak” is the most recent one. Open and restore it in order to get back all the saved data or bookmarks.
If you are stuck with how to uninstall Chrome on Windows 10 or are looking for how to install Chrome on Mac, then here you have landed on the right page for assistance. Since Google Chrome stores your much important and relevant data, it needs to be updated or reinstalled in a proper step-by-step manner. Also, to prevent losing your bookmarks, you can follow the methods as mentioned earlier with a few simple steps. Uninstalling and reinstalling Google Chrome will fix all issues that might hinder your smooth browsing.