With advancements in technology, almost every multimedia device comes accompanied by Bluetooth that makes it easier to connect multiple devices. To transfer your files from one device to another, Bluetooth serves as a smart medium. Working on Windows 10 PC also becomes convenient as you can connect any device to your PC using Bluetooth. In case your PC lacks Bluetooth, getting a Windows 10 Bluetooth Driver would help you. If you are looking for How To Turn On Bluetooth On Windows 10 or wish to update your Bluetooth driver, these various methods can help resolve your concern. Thus, employ these simple steps and fix the Bluetooth on your device in no time.
What Can Cause Bluetooth Failure?
In some cases, due to various reasons, your gadget’s Bluetooth may not work desirably. Even after several attempts, you may not connect any Bluetooth device to your computer, which is a very unfortunate situation. There may be a situation where your Bluetooth might not show up on Windows 10, or the monitor constantly pops up Bluetooth failure error again and again. Such problems related to Bluetooth are generally a result of both hardware and software issues. There may be some connectivity issues between your computer’s software and Bluetooth driver. Or if multiple Bluetooth devices are connected, then also it might result in this problem. A broken device or an incorrect setting on Windows 10 can also lead to this error. Even outdated or incorrect Bluetooth drivers may cause Bluetooth failure. So, if you face the Bluetooth failure issue checking your device for such things can help resolve the dilemma.
Fix Windows 10 Bluetooth Not Working Issue
How to Install Bluetooth Driver on Windows 10?
Before downloading the Bluetooth driver, you need to know some basic information about your desktop’s processing system.
1. Press the “Windows + R” key combination and launch the “Run” utility. Type “Control” in the dialogue box and click “Ok”.
2. Now, make sure you have set the view section to “Category” mode.
3. Next, click on the “System and Security” icon and select that “System” option. Here you will get specific general information about your computer.
4. Note down the given information about your desktop, such as its “processor” and “system type”.
5. After taking note of the required information, now you have to download Bluetooth. Open any web browser. Navigate to Search engines such as Google, Bing or Internet Explorer.
6. Next, type your processor name and add “Bluetooth driver download” next to that name. Select “Enter”. Here we have given an example for Intel Bluetooth Driver for Windows 10.
7. Scroll down to the website link that will directly take you to specific official download links for Bluetooth. Make sure to download the link from a trusted website to avoid any kind of malware entering your computer.
8. Next, download an appropriate Bluetooth driver that fits your computer system. Make sure to check the BIT version before downloading.
9. Once you have successfully downloaded the Bluetooth driver onto your device, you simply need to follow all on-screen instructions to install it. This process may differ from each brand of desktop/laptop, so there is no specific installation process guide.
How to Turn On Bluetooth On Windows 10?
Method 1: Turning On Bluetooth and Pairing Device with Windows Settings App.
1. On your desktop, click the “Settings” icon above the Windows icon.
2. Next, select “Devices” and click “Bluetooth and Other devices” from the left side panel.
3. Under the “Settings” menu of the Bluetooth section, turn Bluetooth’s position to “ON”. Once you have turned on your Bluetooth, you can now click “Add Bluetooth or other devices”. As soon as you select and add the particular device to Bluetooth, a new window will pop up on Bluetooth.
4. You will be shown a list of available Bluetooth pairing devices. Click on the suitable one and continue as instructed. Once you have connected a device, it will show up as “Paired” devices.
Method 2: Make use of Swift Pair
A swift pair service on Windows 10 operating system allows you to pair up supported Bluetooth devices on your desktop/laptop, after that reducing the need for increased steps in pairing devices. In order to use the “Swift Pair” application, make sure to turn on a device that you want to connect to and make it discoverable.
1. Go to “Settings” on your Windows desktop and click on “Devices”.
2. Next, under the “Devices” section, select “Bluetooth and other devices” and click on the “Show notifications to connect using swift pair” box.
3. Click “YES” if it is your first time using the service, and you will get a notification of the same.
4. Next, click “Connect” when a notification appears saying, “New Bluetooth device was found”. Then select “Close” after the device has been paired.
How to Update Bluetooth Driver Windows 10?
Just like any other operating system, Bluetooth drivers can be outdated as well. Specifically for users who have installed Bluetooth Drivers about a few years ago and have forgotten to update them, need to know about this process.
Here are some common steps which you will need to follow in order to update a Bluetooth driver.
1. Press the “Windows + X” key combination and click on “Device Manager” from the left taskbar. Or simply find it from the Windows 10 search bar.
2. Scroll down to the “Bluetooth” section and click on the arrow situated next to it.
3. Next, right-click on the first Bluetooth device and choose “Update driver” from the downward menu bar.
4. Now Windows 10 will look for any latest driver on your local computer system. Further, follow all of those on-screen instructions as prompted, and your Bluetooth driver will get updated.
To Check Bluetooth Compatibility On Your Computer
“Does My Computer Have Bluetooth?” If this question is still on your mind, here are some steps to let you know the answer to that said question. Whether your PC has the ability to Bluetooth or not can be identified by following these steps:
1. Right-click on the “Start” button and open “Device Manager” on your computer.
2. Look out for Bluetooth entries in the “Device Manager” section. Also, look if there is any Bluetooth adapter under the “Network Adapters” section. Sometimes the “Other Devices” option also lists Bluetooth adapters.
3. As said before, your computer may support Bluetooth but not show up on your computer’s “Device Manager”. In such a situation, you must either update or install a new Bluetooth driver.
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to PC Windows 10?
You might know some techniques of how to pair a Bluetooth headphone with your smartphone. However, it is not as simple to connect them to your Windows 10 computer. If you follow some steps as stated below, you can connect Bluetooth headphones to your pc.
1. Start by switching on your Bluetooth headphone to pairing mode. You can do this by holding the power button for 2 – 4 seconds or till a light starts to blink on it.
2. Next, navigate to the “Settings” app on your PC and select “Devices”. In that section, tap on “Bluetooth and other devices” on the left side panel.
3. See that the “Bluetooth” icon is turned on; if not, switch it on by clicking on the button, so it turns blue. Next, click “Add Bluetooth or other devices,” and then in the “Add a device window” section, click “Bluetooth”.
4. Make sure your Bluetooth headphone is in its pairing mode. After a few seconds, your headphones must appear in the list of devices available. When you see your headphone’s name, click on it.
5. Once this connection process is complete, you will see a notification that reads “headphones connected”. You can now click “Done” and close the “settings” window.
Fix Connections to Bluetooth Audio Devices and Wireless Displays in Windows 10
1. In the Windows search menu, type services and from the list generated, click on “Services”. Else, open Run wizard and enter ‘services.msc’
2. Services dialog box opens up on the screen that displays a big list of options. Scroll down to look for “Bluetooth Support Service”.
3. Right click on Bluetooth Support Service and click on “Properties” on the generated list.
4. The Bluetooth support service properties dialog box is opened now. Go to “Startup type” and select “Automatic”.
5. When you made the required settings click on “apply” and then click “OK”.
How to Turn Off Bluetooth on Windows 10?
Option 1: Use Settings Apps
Open “Windows Start Menu”. Search for the “Settings” tab and click on it. Next, on the left panel of the Windows Settings section, click “Bluetooth”. Disable the Bluetooth toggle slider to its “OFF” position.
Option 2: Use Device Manager to Disable Bluetooth
Search for “Device Manager” in the Windows Search panel. Click on “Device Manager” and run the tab. Once the Device Manager page is launched, scroll down to the “Bluetooth” section and expand it by clicking on the downward arrow next to it. Right click selecting the Bluetooth device and select “Disable”. If you fail to turn off Bluetooth via the settings app, use the Device Manager to disable it.
Option 3: Turn off Bluetooth Via Action Center
One can also turn off Bluetooth on a Windows 10 computer simply by clicking on the “Action Center” icon located at the extreme right side of the Taskbar. Click on the “Bluetooth” icon and Turn it off.
Option 4: Disable Bluetooth Driver with PowerShell
Some enterprise administrators want to deactivate the Bluetooth driver so as to block it from executing any actions such as transferring files or radio transmission. But, they do not have any Group Policy Object that they can use at present on Windows 10 PC. Yet, they can make use of the PowerShell application that is mentioned on TechNet. Make use of the following script to disable the Bluetooth driver with PowerShell.
With the help of Bluetooth devices, you can enjoy movies or listen to music without any interruption. So, if at all a situation arises where your Bluetooth works ineffectively, you need to solve that issue as soon as possible. We hope our complete guide over how to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10 computer will help you precisely. This article’s main objective is to clear all your doubts regarding Bluetooth, from its installation to disabling.