Discord is a popular platform for communication and gaming. One feature of Discord is the ability to hide spoilers within messages. Spoilers can be a big deal to people invested in a particular game or series. This guide will take you through how to make a spoiler in Discord, so your friends and followers can enjoy your content without fear of spoilers. By following these steps, you’ll be able to create a spoiler that is easy to use and will keep your conversations spoiler-free. So, let’s get started!
What is a Discord Spoiler?
Discord spoiler is a feature that allows its users to hide and reveal text messages or images that contain sensitive content. Using the /spoiler command, the text or image will be blurred or hidden, and the recipient must manually click or tap on it to reveal its content. This feature is often used to keep the conversation spoiler-free or to create a surprise effect.
Also Read: The Ultimate Guide to Discord Spoiler Tag: How to Keep Your Chat Spoiler-Free
How to Make a Spoiler on Discord on Desktop?
A spoiler is a piece of information or detail about a movie, TV show, book, or video game that could ruin the experience for those who have not yet watched, read, or played it. Spoilers are a controversial topic as many people prefer to experience entertainment for the first time without knowing what will happen.
If you’re an entertainment fan and want to protect yourself from spoilers, you can learn how to make a spoiler on a desktop. Here are the steps to follow:
- Open a desktop computer’s word processor or text editing software. You can use programs like Microsoft Word, Google Docs, or Notepad that come pre-installed on most computers.
- Type “spoiler” at the beginning of your document, followed by a brief description of what you will spoil. For example, “Spoiler Alert: The main character dies at the movie’s end.”
- Highlight the spoiler’s text by clicking and dragging your mouse over it.
- Change the text to white or any other background color that matches the surrounding text. It will make the spoiler invisible to the naked eye, allowing you to hide spoilers for those who don’t want to see them.
- Save the document with a clear title that indicates it contains spoilers. You can also add a warning message at the beginning of your document to alert readers before they open it.
Also Read: How to Make a Spoiler in Discord? Step-by-Step Guide for Beginners
How to Make a Spoiler in Discord Mobile?
Here are the steps on how to make a spoiler on mobile:
- Determine the type of content you want to create the spoiler for. Spoilers are typically used to reveal endings or important plot points in movies, TV shows, books, or games.
- Choose the platform you want to make the spoiler on – this could be a social media platform, messaging app, or forum.
- Before creating the spoiler, ensure the content has been out long enough to be considered socially acceptable to discuss spoilers. It’s important to respect the spoiler-free experience of others.
- Begin the spoiler with a clear and informative warning – this will give other users a choice to avoid the spoiler if they wish. For example, “Warning: Spoilers ahead for Game of Thrones season 8 episode 3”.
- Use spoiler tags to hide the content from view until the user clicks. Most platforms have this feature built-in, but if they don’t, you can use a spoiler tag like [spoiler] or [spoiler warning] around your text.
- Be mindful of how much information you include in the spoiler tag. Generally, it’s best to keep it brief and to the point without giving away too much. For example, “I can’t believe [spoiler] died in the finale!”.
- Don’t include spoilers in the title or thumbnail of your post – this can ruin the experience for others without them even knowing.
- If unsure whether something is a spoiler, err on caution and include a warning just in case.
- Lastly, once you’ve created the spoiler, respect other users who may not want to see it. Avoid posting spoilers in general chat rooms and share them in dedicated spoiler channels or threads.
Also Read: How to Spoiler Text on Discord Mobile – Hide Spoilers Like a Pro
How to Use Spoiler Tag in Discord?
The spoiler tagging feature within Discord allows users to hide certain text, images or videos from being automatically displayed when shared within a chat or channel. This feature comes in handy when you need to share sensitive information or when you want to avoid spoiling the outcome of a game or TV show. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use spoiler tag in Discord:
- Type out the text you want to hide or attach the image or video file to the chat.
- Highlight the text or file that you want to hide.
- Right-click on the highlighted text or file, and select the “Mark as Spoiler” option.
- If you’re on a mobile device, tap and hold on to the selected text or file, and then select the “Mark as Spoiler” option.
- The hidden text or file will now appear blurred or blacked out, making it impossible for others to read or view it without taking an extra step.
- Hovering over the spoiler tag will display a prompt asking if you want to view the content to reveal the hidden content. If you select “Yes,” the hidden content will be revealed.
It’s important to note that when using the spoiler tag, not everyone will have access to it unless they have enabled it on their end. To ensure that others can see your spoiler tag, make sure that you enable the setting for it within your Discord account.
Different ways to Create a Spoiler Tag in Discord
Discord is a popular communication platform that online communities, gamers, and professionals use. It offers various features to enhance online conversations, including adding spoiler tags to messages. It is particularly useful for sharing information that might spoil the experience for others, such as details about movies, books, or games. There are several ways to create Discord spoiler tags. Here are some of the most common methods:
- The Traditional Way: Perhaps the simplest way to add a spoiler tag to your message is to use the vertical bars (‘||’) before and after the text you want to conceal. For example, if you want to hide a movie spoiler, you can write: ||Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker’s father in Star Wars||. It will hide the text until the reader clicks on it to reveal it.
- Using the Spoiler Tag Button: Discord also has a built-in Spoiler Tag button that you can use to add a spoiler tag to your messages. To use it, simply type your text and select the part you want to hide, then click the Spoiler Tag button (the eye icon). It will add vertical bars to your text and hide it from view.
- Using the Slash Command: Another way to create a spoiler tag in Discord is using the slash command. Type “/spoiler” followed by the text you want to hide, and hit enter. It will create a spoiler tag that will only be revealed when the reader hovers over it.
- Using a Bot: If you want to take your spoiler tagging to the next level, you can use a bot to do it for you. Several bots on Discord specialize in creating spoiler tags, such as the Spoiler Bot. Simply invite the bot to your server, and it will automatically hide any spoilers in your messages.
- Use Spoiler Alerts: Another method is to use spoiler alerts, which are small notifications appearing on the screen and indicating a spoiler ahead. Many movie and TV websites use these alerts to indicate that certain articles or reviews contain spoilers. You can use these alerts in your conversations whenever you talk about a popular TV show.
- Use Private Messages: If you’re unsure whether someone is caught up on a TV show or movie and wants to discuss it, you can always use private messaging to avoid spoiling it for others. It is especially useful for social media platforms like Twitter or Facebook, where it’s easy to accidentally post public spoilers.
- Use Apps: While there are many ways to make a spoiler on mobile, one of the most effective methods is spoiler apps. There are many apps available on the app store that are specifically designed to help you avoid spoilers. These apps can help you filter out social media posts, hide spoilers in articles, and even warn you when you’re about to read a spoiler.
Advanced Spoiler Options
Advanced Spoiler Options” is a feature in Discord that allows users to hide sensitive or spoiler information from others in a server. Spoiler tags help maintain the element of surprise and keep spoilers from ruining the fun. However, the standard spoiler function on Discord has some limitations. That is why advanced spoiler options are necessary to make the platform more efficient and user-friendly. This feature also enables users to customize spoilers’ text, color, and specificity. Here are some features that highlight the intricacies of Advanced Spoiler Options:
Customizable Spoiler Tags
Discord’s existing spoiler tag is a basic grey button with the word “spoiler” written on it in white text. Users can click on this button to reveal the hidden content. However, with advanced spoiler options, users can customize the spoiler tag to make it more engaging and attractive. Customizable spoiler tags can include emojis, GIFs, and images that align with the context of the message. This feature can make the spoilers more personalized and easily recognizable.
Time-based spoilers are another advanced spoiler option that can be useful on Discord. With this feature, users can set a specific time limit for how long a spoiler remains hidden. For example, users can determine that a spoiler will remain hidden for 10 seconds or until the recipient scrolls past it. This option can be ideal for those who want to keep spoilers hidden for a specific duration or wish to make their conversations more dynamic.
In-line spoilers are a handy feature that allows users to partially conceal text instead of completely hiding it. This advanced spoiler option can be suitable for situations where users want to reveal some information but not entirely. For instance, this feature can be utilized to hide only part of a sentence or paragraph while still keeping the context of the message intact.
Multi-level spoilers are another advanced option that can enhance the user experience on Discord. With this feature, users can create multiple layers of spoilers instead of just one. In other words, users can add spoilers within spoilers, creating a hierarchy of hidden content. This option can be useful when discussing various topics in a conversation and want to keep certain information concealed until revealed step by step.
Spoiler Images and Videos
Along with text spoilers, Discord also allows users to hide images and videos. This option is very useful for those who want to avoid seeing spoilers related to their favorite games, TV shows, or movies. To use this function, you have to put the || symbol before and after the image or video link. Once clicked, the image or video will appear on the screen.
Blank Spoiler Text
Another option that advanced users can make use of is blank spoiler text. It allows users to hide the spoiler text completely from view, giving them an extra layer of protection against accidental viewing. To use this function, put the || symbol at the beginning of a new line, followed by a space and then the text you want to hide. Once clicked, the user will see a blank space, indicating that the spoiler is hidden.
How to Spoiler an Image on Discord Mobile to Hide Images
Hiding in Plain Sight – How to Do Spoilers on Discord Effectively
How to Fix Discord Mobile Spoiler Image Not Working?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Discord Spoiler, and why do I need it?
A Discord Spoiler is a feature that allows users to hide certain parts of a message, image or video to avoid spoilers or unnecessary content. It is essential to maintain a healthy chat environment and respectful conversations.
How to make something a spoiler on Discord?
To make something a spoiler on Discord, simply surround the text with double vertical bars ||before and after||. This will blur the text until the reader hovers over it.
Can I customize the Discord Spoiler message?
Yes, you can. By default, Discord Spoiler messages display as “spoiler.” However, you can add a message to your Spoiler using the “/spoiler [custom message]” command.
Is there a way to reveal the hidden content in a Discord Spoiler?
Yes, there is. To reveal hidden content in a Discord Spoiler, just hover over it, and the content will become visible. Alternatively, you can click the Spoiler message to permanently reveal the hidden content.
Can I undo or remove a Discord Spoiler?
Yes, you can. To remove a Discord Spoiler, click on the Spoiler message and select “Remove Spoiler” from the options. This action will permanently unhide the content.
Are there any limitations to making a Discord Spoiler?
Yes, there are. Discord Spoilers only work in certain channels, such as chat rooms or direct messages. Additionally, Spoiler tags will not work on embedded links, attachments or images less than 128×128 pixels.
Can I use the Discord Spoiler feature on mobile?
Yes, you can use the Discord Spoiler feature on mobile devices. Simply tap and hold the message you want to Spoiler and select “Spoiler.”
How to make spoiler text on Discord?
To make spoiler text on Discord, wrap the text with double vertical bars ||like this|| or use the spoiler button. This hides the text until clicked.
How can I use the Discord Spoiler feature most effectively?
Use the Discord Spoiler feature cautiously and with consideration for other users. Always give appropriate warnings or use Spoilers for any content that may be disturbing, inappropriate or have the potential to ruin a surprise. It will ensure a more enjoyable chat experience for everyone.
How to put a spoiler on Discord image?
To make a spoiler image in Discord, upload the image and add || before and after the spoiler text. This will make the image hidden until clicked.
How to make a GIF a spoiler on Discord?
To make a gif a spoiler on Discord, add the spoiler tag || before and after the gif’s URL or upload. This ensures that the gif is hidden until the user chooses to view it.
Discord spoilers are great when sharing content in group chats or communities. By following simple steps such as enclosing your text with the spoiler tag or using the “/spoiler” command, you can keep any sensitive or surprising information hidden until the reader is ready to view it. Additionally, utilizing spoiler channels or permissions can help regulate and control the spread of spoilers. Overall, incorporating spoilers can enhance the user experience and encourage respectful communication.