You might sometimes get stuck up in a situation where your apple iPhone is corrupted due to one or the other reason. It then calls for some action to be taken that helps to revive it back. Trying restart or soft reset is the first thing that you can go for. But when the issue persists, factory resetting is the only option left. Now arises the question that what is a factory reset? Factory resetting involves certain steps that help to restore an electronic device to its original state. The data on the device might get erased, so it requires an initial backup. To know how to factory reset iPhone, follow below methods that might turn out to be beneficial.
How Do I Factory Reset My iPhone?
Let’s see four different methods on how to restore iPhone to Factory Settings with and without password.
Method 1: How to Factory Reset iPhone 7 or 8 with Device?
1. Take the backup of all the data you might not want to lose. You can backup the data using iCloud or iTunes, whichever you feel is convenient for you.
2. Once you are finished doing the backup of the data, you can start with the resetting process. Navigate your phone to the “Settings” menu.
3. In the settings menu, locate the “General” option and click on it.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the tab till you find the “Reset” option.
5. After opening the reset option, you will find many choices. Click on “Erase All Content and Settings” to factory reset your device.
6. Now the device may ask you to enter the phone’s passcode, TouchID or FaceID if you have set any.
7. After entering the passcode, it will ask the confirmation for resetting the device. Click on “Erase iPhone” to proceed further. This is how to hard reset iPhone 7 or 8 in six simple steps.
Method 2: How to completely Reset iPhone through iCloud without Password
You can reset your iPhone to factory settings without a password through iCloud only if you have enabled Find my iPhone in your Device. Once you have ensured that Find my iPhone is enabled, then only proceed with the following method.
1. If you wish to proceed with this method, go to your computer browser and open icloud.com.
2. A screen will appear that will ask you to Login with your Apple ID and Password.
3. Once you have a login, click on Find my iPhone and then go to “All Devices” on the browser’s top.
4. A list of all the devices would appear. Find the iPhone that you need to reset in the given list.
5. Once you have located your device in the list, select the desired device and click on it.
6. On clicking on the selected device, you will see the option “Erase iPhone.” Tap on this to go ahead. This will help to erase all the data on your iPhone.
Method 3: How to Restore iPhone From iTunes on your Computer?
1. Connect your device to your computer with the cable provided and let iTunes launch on your system. Go to the “Devices” section and find the phone icon on the screen’s upper left corner.
2. Allow your phone to sync with iTunes if set to automatically; else, do it manually. In the left pane of iTunes, look for the “Summary” option and click on it.
3. When you open the summary option, you will find the “Sync” button on the bottom right corner. Press the button.
4. Once the sync is complete, come back to iTunes’ main window and find the “Restore” button.
5. As soon as you click on the restore button, a warning message would appear, ensuring that you want to erase all the data by factory resetting the device.
6. Do not disconnect the phone while the process is going on until iTunes tells you that it is finished.
7. To restore everything, come to the iTunes screen and find “Set up as a new iPhone” or “Restore from a backup.” You can select whichever you wish to proceed with.
Method 4: Method to Factory Reset iPhone without Password or iTunes
Factory resetting your iPhone if you have forgotten the password or have made wrong attempts several times can be done using this method. It makes use of an iPhone passcode unlocker tool- Tenorshare 4uKey that will help to remove the passcode from your iPhone. Then you can factory reset your device without making use of iTunes.
1. Simply click on the link given below and press the download option: https://www.tenorshare.net/ads/4ukey-unlocker-m.html
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer and open 4uKey. You will find the start button appearing; click on that. This helps to reset your iPhone without a passcode.
3. Now, 4uKey will ask you to download the matching firmware package. Download as per the directions.
4. You can remove the passcode from your iPhone with the help of the downloaded firmware package. Once the passcode is removed, the device will restart, and the home screen will appear.
5. Now the passcode has been successfully removed, and you can factory reset your iPhone as desired.
iPhone Factory Reset is one thing that many iPhone users constantly look for, especially when they encounter various device issues. You can be able to reset your device to the initial stage in case you altered it unknowingly. There might be several ways to reset your device. You can reset your phone either directly through the device or using a computer. Since factory resetting the device involves a few technicalities, it should be done carefully following all the steps and instructions. In this article, you can find how to delete everything on iPhone in multiple ways. Read and use the method that best suits you.