Are you looking for a way to keep your online activities private? Incognito browsing mode is the perfect solution. Unfortunately, when it comes to delete your incognito history, the process can be difficult and tricky. In this article, we’ll show you exactly how to delete incognito history in Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge so that all of your private data remains safe and secure. We’ll also provide tips on how to recover any lost or deleted information if necessary. So read on for everything you need to know about deleting incognito history!
What is Incognito Mode?
Incognito mode, sometimes referred to as private browsing, is a privacy feature offered in some web browsers. It allows users to browse the internet without any of their history or cookies being stored. Incognito mode is designed to be used when you don’t want your browsing activities recorded or tracked. When enabled, all data related to your browsing session is stored in a temporary folder that is deleted when you close the incognito window.
Also Read: What Is Incognito Mode and How Does It Work?
Why you Might Want to Delete your Incognito History?
- Protecting personal information: Incognito mode is designed to keep your browsing private. However, it doesn’t mean that your ISP or other parties cannot access it. Deleting your incognito history can help protect your personal information from being accessed by unwanted third parties.
- Avoiding targeted advertising: One of the main reasons for browsing in incognito mode is to avoid targeted advertising. However, if you don’t delete your incognito history, the ads that are displayed to you on other platforms may still be influenced by your previous browsing activity. Clearing your history can prevent targeted ads from being displayed to you.
- Avoiding embarrassment: When you browse in incognito mode, you can access websites and content that you might not want others to know about. However, if you forget to close the incognito browsing window or if someone else has access to your device, they may be able to see your browsing history. By knowing how to delete incognito history, you can avoid potential embarrassing situations.
- Increasing browsing speed: As your browsing history grows, it can slow down your browser’s performance. By knowing how to delete incognito history, you can free up some space and improve your browsing speed.
- Preventing security risks: When you browse in incognito mode, your browser doesn’t save cookies, passwords, or other login information. However, if you don’t delete your incognito history, this information could be accessed by hackers or other malicious parties. Clearing your history can help prevent these security risks.
How to Delete Incognito History on Google Chrome?
Google Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers worldwide, and it comes with a variety of features, one of which is incognito mode. It allows users to browse without leaving any traces in the browser history. However, sometimes you may want to clear your incognito history, and the following steps on how to delete incognito history on Google Chrome can help you achieve that in Chrome browser.
Clearing the Browsing History
- Open Google Chrome and click on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the ‘History’ option, or use the keyboard shortcut ‘Ctrl+H.’
- Click on ‘Clear browsing data,’ located on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Select the time range for which you want to delete the history. You can choose to delete the past hour or the entire browsing history.
- Check the box next to ‘Browsing history’ and click on ‘Clear data’ at the bottom of the screen.
Deleting Specific Websites
- Open Google Chrome and click on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select ‘History’ or use the keyboard shortcut ‘Ctrl+H.’
- Find the website or page you want to delete from the incognito history.
- Right-click on the website and select ‘Delete.’
- You can also select multiple websites by holding down the ‘Ctrl’ key and clicking on them.
- Once you’ve selected the websites, right-click on them and select ‘Delete.’
Clearing Cache and Cookies
- Open Google Chrome and click on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select ‘More Tools’ and then click on ‘Clear browsing data.’
- Select the time range for which you want to delete the cache and cookies.
- Check the boxes next to ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files.’
- Click on ‘Clear data’ at the bottom of the screen.
How to Delete Incognito History on Firefox?
Firefox is a widely used web browser that offers an incognito mode, also known as Private Browsing, to help users protect their privacy while browsing. In incognito mode, Firefox does not store any browsing history, cookies, or temporary internet files. However, if you have used incognito mode and want to delete the browsing history, it is possible to do so. Here are the steps on how to delete incognito history on Firefox:
- Launch Firefox and click on the menu icon (three horizontal lines) located at the top-right corner of the browser window.
- From the dropdown menu, select the “Library” option and then click on “History” from the submenu.
- A new window will open, showing your complete browsing history, including the ones in incognito mode. To delete the incognito history, click on the “View” button and select “by Recent Date”.
- Once you have selected the “by Recent Date” option, you will see a list of all the websites you have visited in the recent past, including those in incognito mode. You can select all the entries that you want to delete by clicking on the checkbox located next to them.
- After selecting the entries, click on the “Delete” button located at the top of the window. Firefox will delete all the selected entries, including those in incognito mode.
- If you want to delete the entire incognito history, you can do so by clicking on the “Clear Recent History” option located at the top of the History window. This will open a new dialog box where you can select the time range for which you want to delete the history.
- Once you have selected the time range, click on the arrow next to the “Details” option. This will display a list of all the items that you can delete, including browsing and download history, cookies, cache, and site preferences.
- Select the items that you want to delete and then click on the “Clear Now” button located at the bottom of the dialog box. Firefox will delete all the selected items, including the incognito history.
How to Delete Incognito History on Safari?
Safari is one of the most popular web browsers available, and it also offers an incognito browsing mode. This mode gives users the ability to browse privately, but deleting the history can be a bit tricky. Here’s how to delete incognito history in Safari:
- Launch Safari and then click on the “Safari” menu located at the top of the browser window.
- From the dropdown menu, select “Preferences”.
- In the Preferences window, select the “Privacy” tab.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Manage Website Data”.
- A new dialog box will appear, showing all the data stored in Safari. To delete incognito history, click on the “Remove All” button located at the bottom of the window.
- This will delete all the website data stored in Safari, including any private browsing sessions that you have been involved in.
- Once you have deleted the incognito history, make sure to close Safari so that the changes can take effect. After closing, reopen Safari and you should no longer see any incognito history in your browsing data.
- Now your private browsing sessions are securely deleted and you can continue browsing privately without concern about anyone accessing your data.
- If you want to make sure that your data doesn’t fall into the wrong hands, make sure to use a secure browser such as Firefox or Chrome. You can also use a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to further protect your online activity.
How to Delete Incognito History on Microsoft Edge?
Here are the steps to follow on how to delete Incognito history on Microsoft Edge:
- Open Edge browser and click on the three-dot icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and click on “Privacy, search, and services.”
- Click on “Choose what to clear” under the “Clear browsing data” section.
- Select “Browsing history” and make sure the “Time range” is set to “All time”.
- Uncheck all the other options except for “Browsing history.”
- Click on the “Clear now” button and confirm the action.
- Alternatively, you can use a keyboard shortcut to go directly to the “Clear browsing data” window by pressing “Ctrl + Shift + Del” keys.
How to Delete Incognito History on Mobile Devices?
Incognito mode or private browsing is a useful feature on mobile devices that allows users to surf the internet privately without leaving any trace of their browsing history. However, if you share your mobile device with others or want to keep your browsing history private for other reasons, it may be necessary to delete your Incognito history. Here are the steps on how to delete incognito history on mobile devices like Android and iPhone.
Here are the steps on how to delete incognito history on Android devices:
- Open the Chrome app on your Android device and tap on the three dots located in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select “History” from the drop-down menu.
- Tap “Clear browsing data” located at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the time range for which you want to delete your browsing history. You can choose from the last hour, the last 24 hours, the last 7 days, the last 4 weeks, or all time.
- Make sure that the “Browsing history” option is selected and uncheck any other options that you do not want to delete.
- Tap “Clear data” and then tap “Clear” to confirm.
iPhone and iPad Devices
If you want to know how to delete incognito history on iPhone or iPad, follow the below steps:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone or iPad and scroll down until you find the “Safari” option.
- Tap on “Safari” and then select “Clear History and Website Data.”
- A pop-up will appear on the screen asking you to confirm. Tap “Clear History and Data” to confirm.
- If you want to delete the browsing history on a different browser, such as Google Chrome or Firefox, you will need to open the app and follow similar steps as outlined for Android devices.
- For more advanced users, you can also use third-party data erasers that can remove your browsing history, cookies, and temporary files permanently.
How to Hide Incognito History?
In today’s digital age, privacy is becoming increasingly important. With the rise of surveillance and tracking technologies, it’s no wonder that people are looking for ways to hide their digital footprints, including their incognito browsing history. Fortunately, there are several effective methods to hide your incognito history, each with their own unique benefits. In this article, we’ll explore the following subtopics to help you better understand how to hide incognito history: using a VPN, private browsing modes, and secure browsers.
Using a VPN
Using a VPN can be an effective way to hide your incognito history. VPN stands for Virtual Private Network, and it allows you to surf the internet anonymously by encrypting your traffic and routing it through a different server location. In this article, we will tell you how to use a VPN to hide incognito history in the form of point-wise instructions:
- Choose a reliable VPN service: While there are many free VPN services available, it is advisable to choose a paid VPN service to ensure your privacy and security. Some of the popular VPN services include NordVPN, ExpressVPN, Surfshark, etc.
- Install the VPN client on your device: After you have chosen the VPN service that suits your requirement, install the client on your device, whether it be a PC, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
- Launch the VPN client and connect to a VPN server: After installation, launch the VPN client and connect to a VPN server of your choice. You can choose a server that is located in a different country to access region-restricted content.
- Activate the VPN kill switch: Most VPN services come with a kill switch feature to prevent data leaks if the VPN connection drops. So, activate the kill switch feature to ensure that your incognito history remains hidden even if the VPN connection drops.
- Clear your browser history: Although using a VPN prevents your ISP from recording your browsing history, it is advisable to clear your browser history as well to ensure that there is no trace of your online activity.
- Disable WebRTC: WebRTC is a standard that allows browsers to communicate directly with each other. However, it can reveal your IP address, which can compromise your privacy. So, disable WebRTC in your browser to ensure that your real IP address remains hidden.
Using Private Browsing Modes
Private browsing modes have become an essential feature in modern web browsers. It provides an excellent way to browse the internet without leaving any trace of your online activities. We all have things to hide, and sometimes using an internet browser’s incognito mode or private browsing mode is the best option to keep your activities secret. Here’s how to use private browsing modes to hide incognito history:
- Understand what is private browsing mode: First and foremost, it is essential to understand the purpose of private browsing mode. Private browsing mode is designed to help you hide your activity from the browser itself and not from your internet service provider (ISP) or website administrators.
- Open the private browsing mode: Most modern internet browsers allow you to open a private browsing mode by either clicking on the menu and selecting “New Private Window” or “New Incognito Window.” You could also use the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl+Shift+N” or “Ctrl+Shift+P” in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.
- Avoid using bookmarks: When you’re in private browsing mode, avoid bookmarking any pages you visit. Although your browsing history won’t be saved, bookmarks could indicate that you have visited that web page. Instead, use the “Pin tab” or “Add to Reading List” option that’s available in most browsers.
- Use VPN: Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) can help you browse the internet anonymously by encrypting your data. VPNs are one of the best ways to mask your IP address and make it appear as though you’re accessing the internet from another location entirely.
- Clear your history: If you accidentally forget to use private browsing mode, make sure to clear your browsing history. Clearing your history will delete all the information about the websites you visited, passwords you saved, and cookies you stored.
- Use a third-party browser: If you’re looking for a more secure option, consider using a third-party browser that focuses entirely on privacy. Some popular options include Tor, Brave, and Epic Browser.
Using Secure Browsers
In today’s highly connected world, privacy and security are two of the most sought after aspects. While browsing the internet, users try their best to protect their privacy by using the incognito mode feature- a popular option found across almost all web browsers. However, incognito mode is not always enough, and security can still be compromised. This is where secure browsers come in handy. Below are the steps on how to hide incognito history using secure browsers:
- Download and install a secure browser: There are several secure browsers to choose from, such as Tor, Epic Browser, and Brave, to name a few. Choose your preferred secure browser and proceed to download and install it.
- Launch the secure browser: Once the installation process is complete, launch the secure browser on your device.
- Activate a private browsing session: The private browsing option on secure browsers is different from the incognito mode found on standard browsers. This is because secure browsers offer additional features to increase privacy and security. To activate it, go to the menu and click on “New Private Window” or “New Private Tab,” depending on the browser you are using.
- Browse securely: After activating the private mode, navigate to any site you want to visit. It is vital to note that some sites may still be able to track your movement, even when you are using a private browsing session, so proceed with caution.
- Exit the secure browser: When you are done browsing, exit the secure browser and close the private browsing session.
How to Recover Incognito History?
As privacy concerns grow, many people have become fond of using incognito mode on their devices’ browsers to prevent their surfing history from being recorded. However, there may be instances when users need to recover their incognito history. In this article, we will delve into the steps on how to recover incognito history on your iPhone or Android device.
How to Use iPhone Data Recovery Software to Recover Incognito History?
Using iPhone data recovery software can be an effective way to recover your incognito history. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Firstly, download iPhone data recovery software on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer via USB.
- Next, launch the software and choose “Recover from iOS device” from the main interface.
- When the device gets recognized by the software, you can initiate a “Scan” to locate your lost incognito history.
- After the scan concludes, you can start previewing all the recoverable data.
- Finally, select the incognito history you wish to retrieve and click on the “Recover” button.
How to Use Android Data Recovery Software to Recover Incognito History?
Recovering incognito history on Android devices may not be as simple as on iPhones, yet utilizing Android data recovery software can make the process a whole lot easier. Follow these steps to get started:
- Install Android data recovery software on your computer.
- Connect your Android phone to the computer via USB.
- Turn on USB debugging mode on your Android device by going to “Settings” > “Developer Options.”
- Launch the software and select the “Recover from phone” option from the main interface.
- The software then starts to scan your phone, analyze the data, and display the recoverable lost data.
- After previewing the incognito history data, select what you need and click on the “Recover” button.
In conclusion, deleting and recovering your incognito history is not a difficult process. By understanding how to delete incognito history in various browsers, such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge, you can ensure that your private data remains secure. Furthermore, by using software solutions like iPhone or Android data recovery, you can easily recover any lost data from your incognito browsing. Remember to install a secure browser and always turn on private browsing mode when surfing the internet. With these tips, you can be sure that your online activity is kept secure and private.