Are you looking to upgrade the connectivity of your PC? With the widespread use of wireless technology, it may be time to consider adding Bluetooth capabilities to your computer. Adding a Bluetooth adapter is relatively simple and can open up new possibilities for connecting external devices like headsets, keyboards, speakers, etc. In this blog post, we will discuss how to add Bluetooth to PC so you can take advantage of all the conveniences of having a wireless connection!
Why to Add Bluetooth to Computer?
There are several advantages to adding Bluetooth capability to your computer, including the following:
- Wireless connectivity: With Bluetooth, you can easily and conveniently link your computer to other gadgets with a wireless connection – enabling effortless synchronizing of audio devices like headphones, speakers, and even phones without the hassle of cords.
- Convenience: Bluetooth offers an effortless way to move files, photographs, and other information between your PC and additional gadgets without cords.
- Improved productivity: Bluetooth can drastically improve your productivity by permitting you to utilize wireless peripherals, including keyboards, mice, and printers.
- Mobility: Eliminate the need to carry extra cords and dongles by installing Bluetooth on your laptop or desktop. This will facilitate portability, allowing you to easily take your computer wherever you go.
- Compatibility: Adding Bluetooth capability to your machine can make it simpler for you to connect and use the most current devices that are uniquely designed with Bluetooth compatibility.
How to Check Bluetooth Capabilities of your PC?
To determine if your PC has Bluetooth capabilities, here are the precise steps to follow:
How to Check PC Specs?
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- To look up your PC’s model name or number, check the sticker on either the back or bottom of your device.
- To identify your PC’s specifications, visit either the manufacturer’s website or a trustworthy electronics retailer.
- Make sure to check for any details regarding Bluetooth or wireless options. If your computer is Bluetooth-ready, you can locate this info in the technical specifications section.
Check Device Manager
- To access the Windows menu quickly, press and hold down your Windows key + X on your keyboard.
- From the menu that appears, choose Device Manager.
- Check out the Device Manager for a Bluetooth section – if this is visible, your computer has been equipped with wireless technology capabilities.
- If Bluetooth is absent, look under Network Adapters to see if there’s a listed adapter of the same type.
Look for a Physical Bluetooth Switch
- To determine if Bluetooth is enabled on your laptop, inspect the sides or bottom of your device for a switch that can be toggled “on” or “off”.
- Locate the switch and flip it to “On” to turn on Bluetooth.
- If you fail to locate a switch, look for a Bluetooth key on your laptop’s keyboard or press the combination of keys, e.g., Fn + F8, that may trigger Bluetooth activation!
How to Add Bluetooth using External Adapter?
Here are the detailed steps on how to add Bluetooth using external adapter to your PC:
Choose the Appropriate Bluetooth USB Adapter:
- To connect your PC with a Bluetooth device, you should research and acquire a USB adapter that is compatible with both the operating system and version of your computer.
- Ensure the Bluetooth USB adapter has all the required features, such as latest Bluetooth version and range.
Bluetooth Adapters to Consider:
With many Bluetooth adapters, choosing the perfect one for your needs can be overwhelming. To make things easier, here are some suggested options that you should take into account:
- Avantree DG40S USB Bluetooth Adapter: This Bluetooth 4.0 adapter is designed with a range of up to 50 meters, allowing you the freedom and convenience to use it on devices running Windows or macOS operating systems.
- ASUS USB-BT400 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter: This versatile adapter is Bluetooth 4.0 compatible and provides a remarkable range of up to 10 meters, making it ideal for Windows systems!
- Kinivo BTD-400 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter: Kinivo bluetooth usb adapter is equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 capabilities and boasts a range of up to 10 meters, making it the perfect solution for wirelessly connecting your Windows or macOS device.
- Plugable USB Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Micro Adapter: With a range of up to 10 meters and the latest Bluetooth 4.0 technology, this adapter is an essential tool for your Windows or Linux computer. Enjoy uninterrupted connections within its long-range capabilities!
- TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver: With a working range of up to 50 meters, this Bluetooth 5.0 adapter is the ultimate convenience for your devices! Connect via PC, TV, or headphones easily; converting between transmitter and receiver functions has never been simpler.
Plug and Install the Adapter Drivers:
- Search for an unused USB port on your personal computer.
- Insert the Bluetooth adapter into the USB port.
- Allow your PC to detect the adapter and attempt to set up drivers automatically.
- In the case of automatic installation failure, insert the adapter’s setup disc into your PC’s CD/DVD drive. Alternatively, if you don’t have a CD/DVD drive, download and install the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
- To successfully install the adapter drivers, follow the step-by-step instructions on your screen. If prompted, select “Administrator” mode for installation, as it will ensure the complete setup of all required components.
- Restart your computer to finish the installation process.
Add Bluetooth to a PC via Internal Expansion Card
Here are the detailed steps on how to add Bluetooth to your PC via an internal expansion card:
Check for Available Expansion Slots:
- To open your computer’s case, adhere to the manufacturer’s directions for a safe and successful process.
- Inspect the bottom region of your computer case for any available expansion slots, typically covered by metal plates.
Choose the Appropriate Expansion Card:
- By thoroughly researching and purchasing, get a Bluetooth expansion card suitable for your PC’s motherboard and operating system.
- Ensure that the expansion card you decide on includes all the essential characteristics you require, such as Bluetooth version and range.
Install the Expansion Card:
- Using a screwdriver, unscrew the metal plate covering the expansion slot you plan to use and remove it from its holder.
- Carefully insert your Bluetooth expansion card into the designated slot, ensuring it is firmly seated.
- Make sure to firmly attach the expansion card to the case with screws or other fasteners for optimal security.
Install the Expansion Card Drivers:
- Switch on your computer and let the operating system recognize the recently installed expansion card.
- If you have a CD/DVD drive on your PC, insert the installation disc with the expansion card. Otherwise, if it does not possess a CD/DVD drive, then download the necessary drivers from your expansion card manufacturer’s website.
- Carefully follow the instructions on your screen to properly install the expansion card drivers. Should you be prompted, select “Administrator” mode for installation.
- Restart your PC to complete the installation process.
How to Add Bluetooth on PC?
If you want to add Bluetooth capabilities to your personal computer, follow this guide depending on the operating system in use:
How to Add Bluetooth Device to Mac?
For MacOS users, here’s what you need to do:
- To access “System Preferences,” click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Click on “Bluetooth.”
- Ensure Bluetooth is enabled by tapping the “Turn Bluetooth On” button.
- As your Mac searches for nearby Bluetooth devices, activate the pairing mode on your Bluetooth device.
- Once your device shows up on the available devices list, click it and hit “Pair.”
- To connect your devices, follow the directions that appear onscreen.
Adding Bluetooth to Your PC on Linux:
- Open the terminal on your Linux PC.
- To install the Bluetooth packages, type “sudo apt-get install bluez” in your terminal and hit Enter to execute it.
- Activate Bluetooth easily with this command – type and press Enter: sudo systemctl enable Bluetooth.
- To get your Bluetooth service up and running, type the command below into your terminal window and hit Enter: sudo systemctl start Bluetooth.
- Activate the pairing mode of your Bluetooth device to establish a connection.
- To search available Bluetooth devices, type “sudo bluetoothctl” and hit Enter.
- Type the command “scan on” into the console and select Enter.
- Once your device is visible on the menu of available devices, input the following command, including its MAC address in place of <device MAC address>, and then press Enter to pair: pair <device MAC address>
- Carefully follow the onscreen prompts to finish pairing seamlessly.
How to Connect Bluetooth to PC?
Follow these easy steps on how to connect Bluetooth to pc quickly:
- Turn on Bluetooth on both devices: Make sure to enable and make visible both your PC and the device you’re attempting to pair’s Bluetooth. This can generally be done by accessing either device’s settings menu and opting for Bluetooth.
- Search for available Bluetooth devices on your PC: To start, open Bluetooth settings on your PC and select the option to look for accessible devices. Your computer will then begin searching nearby areas for any available Bluetooth apparatus.
- Select the device you want to pair: Once your device appears on the list of available devices, click to select it. A prompt will then appear on your PC asking if you wish to pair the device and begin using it.
- Enter pairing code if prompted: If the device you’d like to pair with your PC requires a code, enter it when prompted. This is typically in a numerical format and will be easy to recognize (e.g., “0000” or “1234”). Sometimes, no code may be needed for pairing as the device can automatically connect with your computer!
- Complete the pairing process: After the pairing process is concluded, your PC will notify you that the device has been successfully joined and connected. Likewise, your gadget may also present an analogous confirmation message.
Also Read: How to Connect Bluetooth to Windows, Android, iPhone, Mac – Quick & Easy Steps
Troubleshoot Bluetooth Connection Issues:
If you’re looking to add Bluetooth to your PC, here are the exact steps to troubleshoot Bluetooth connection issues:
- Check Bluetooth connection: To ensure a successful Bluetooth connection between your device and PC, verify that both devices have their respective Bluetooth functions activated. Ensure that you are within range of one another, then restart the two components as necessary. You should be able to reconnect them easily for a great performance!
- Updating adapter drivers: If your Bluetooth adapter seems malfunctioning, it may not have updated or accurate drivers. To resolve this issue, visit the manufacturer’s website and download the latest driver updates for your PC. Installing these will ensure that you can use your Bluetooth adapter easily!
- Reset Bluetooth devices: To troubleshoot any issues with connection, resetting both the Bluetooth device and your PC can be a useful technique. First, switch off Bluetooth on both devices before rebooting your computer. Finally, turn back on the Bluetooth feature and attempt to pair up your devices again!
- Reinstalling Bluetooth Drivers: If the previous steps fail to solve your Bluetooth problem, consider reinstalling the software on your computer. Head over to the manufacturer’s website and get a copy of their latest version designed for your operating system. Uninstall any existing installation of Bluetooth software before you install this new one downloaded from them.
How to Turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10 – Quick Guide to Connect
Bluetooth not Working Windows 10? Here’s How to Fix It!
How to Install Bluetooth on Windows 10 – A Step-by-Step Guide
How does Bluetooth Work? A Beginner’s Guide to Wireless Communication
How to Update Bluetooth Drivers: Get Your Connection Back on Track
How to add Bluetooth to pc without adapter?
Unfortunately, adding Bluetooth capabilities to a PC is impossible without an adapter or internal expansion card. Through this additional hardware, the PC can support Bluetooth technology, making connecting with other devices easier.
How do I make the Bluetooth icon appear in my Windows 10 taskbar?
To display the Bluetooth icon in your Windows 10 taskbar, visit Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices and turn on the “Bluetooth” toggle switch for quick and effortless activation.
How to turn on Bluetooth on macbook?
To turn on Bluetooth for your Mac, select the Apple menu, choose “System Preferences”, click the “Bluetooth” tab, and flip the switch to its “On” position.
How to add Bluetooth to a laptop?
There are two choices if you’re looking to equip your laptop with Bluetooth. You can attach a USB Bluetooth adapter or install an internal expansion card, depending on the available hardware of your laptop.
How to add Bluetooth headphones to pc?
To sync your Bluetooth headphones with your PC, power them on and open the device’s Bluetooth settings. Then click “Add Bluetooth or other device” and select “Bluetooth.” Finally, just follow the simple instructions that appear to finish linking up!
With a few simple steps, you can dramatically enhance the usability of your PC by adding Bluetooth. Whether through a USB adapter or an internal card, this guide will show you how to easily and effectively incorporate Bluetooth technology into your computer system. After that, connect various wireless components such as headphones, speakers, and mouse, all with just one click! Add Bluetooth to your machine today for convenient computing at its finest.