Ever since Windows 10 was launched, it is a delight for all professionals who rely on the Windows Operating System. Despite all advanced features, there are some typical issues while using Windows 10. One of the major technical problems is the Generic Pnp Monitor error.
Generally, PnP is Plug and Play, as this generic PnP is a driver, allowing the connection of hardware devices to computers. If the driver is previously installed and in good condition, then a connection is automatically established. If the driver is not yet installed or corrupted, you will get a Generic PnP monitor error. In Windows 10, there is a problem with PnP devices, such as monitoring connection problems, losing display connection, and facing issues of adjusting the brightness and resolution of the computer. These display connection problems or monitor problems are combinedly known as Generic PnP monitor errors.
Generic PnP Monitor Fix Windows 10 (6 Quick Solutions)
What is a Generic PnP Monitor?
Generally, when you plug a PnP device to your system, it starts working without installing any driver and that is what it is meant for. But sometimes Windows 10 won’t recognize the hardware/device and installs the driver for it. However, system will fail to load hardware monitor driver, when the driver is not functional with the PnP hardware. If your Monitor showing up as Generic PnP Monitor in Device Manager, then you might face some monitor issues. Below are the quick and easy methods to fix such problems.
Method 1: Check Connections
First and foremost, check the connections of your Desktop. There are many chances of a poor USB connection that Windows 10 not recognizing the monitor. So to resolve it once, try to reconnect the monitor and restart the system. If it is not resolved, let’s see how to fix Generic PnP Monitor by updating the pending updates.
Method 2: Check for Any Updates and Install All Updates
In any software, the latest updates are programmed to detect any bugs in your computer and give instant fixes. So, check if there are any available updates in your settings. If any blocked updates, there are many chances of corrupted PnP drivers. So update all pending updates to avoid this problem.
1. To install updates, click on the windows start button and go to the Settings.
2. There appears a pop up window, as shown below, now click on Update and Security.
3. Select the Windows Update icon and check if there are any updates available.
4. If there are any available updates, you will get a window as shown below,. Click on the “Download and Install” option to install those updates in your windows.
5. If you don’t find any “Updates Available” option and a window appears below, click on the “Check for Updates” option. It will automatically search for available latest updates and install them.
If your system is up-to-date, then updates are not a problem for your Generic PnP Monitor Driver Error. Move on to the next fixation method.
Method 3: Update Display Driver Windows 10
Next solution is by updating drivers. This is one of the main reasons behind Windows 10 not detecting Monitors. Almost everyone who are facing the problem with PnP Devices Windows 10, reclaims that this is an effective method. Here we have to check for Display driver update problems. If there are any, we have to download and install drivers from web sources.
1. Go to Start Menu and search for Device Manager and click on it
2. After Clicking on “Device Manager,” you will get a window as shown below. Look for the “Monitors” option and click on it.
3. After clicking on the monitor icon, you will get an option showing “Generic PnP Monitor” select that button. With a snap, you will get other options.
4. There will be a pop-up with some options, as shown in the window below. Choose the “Update Driver Software” option.
5. After selecting “Update Driver Software,” you will get another pop-up asking about selecting driver software from your computer or the browser. Select option “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software” and proceed further with an update.
6. After that, our device will search automatically for the driver on the internet, download it, and install it. It is important to restart the computer after updating the Display Driver Windows 10.
This method will surely solve your problem. If you are still getting monitor error, then there is a problem in installation. To rectify installation problems, follow the next method.
Method 4: How to Install Monitor Drivers Windows 10?
If you still get the error, then there is a chance that the system does not detect the downloaded driver. It is better to select the driver manually from the device and install it. For this Generic PnP Monitor Driver Download process, follow the given steps below.
1. Follow the first 4 steps from the previous method Device Manager→ Monitors→ Generic PnP Monitor→ Update Driver Software. After those steps, you will get a window as shown below. Now select the “Browse my computer for driver software” option in the window.
2. After selection, you will get a pop-up as shown below. Now choose the option Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. This option will allow you to select the driver from the device.
3. Select “Show compatible hardware” option to get the perfect option without any further search. Select the “Generic PnP Monitor” option to install the driver.
4. After completing the total installation process, it is good to restart your computer.
There is a good chance that this method is the Generic Pnp Monitor Fix for Windows 10. Still, if you are facing a problem, then check our next fixation
Method 5: Generic PnP Monitor Uninstallation
In some cases, the backward process is a better version to solve some problems. So in this method, we are trying to solve the problem by uninstalling the Generic PnP driver. Don’t dwell on it if the driver is missing. Windows will detect the missing driver and get it automatically.
1. For uninstalling Generic PnP Monitor, follow the first 3 steps of method 1- Device Manager→ Monitors→ Generic PnP Monitor.
2. Now choose the “Uninstall” Option and uninstall the driver.
3. Now again, go to Device Manager and click on the icon shown below.
4. Then select the option “Scan for hardware changes.”
5. After this scanning process, windows will detect missing software and install Generic PnP Monitor.
If you are still facing Generic PnP issues, then there is one more method, which will surely solve your problem.
Method 6: Troubleshooting Windows
The last option to solve problems with PnP Devices is running a system file checker. It is an automatic troubleshooting method for windows that will automatically scan all files in your system and check for any corrupted files. If there are any corrupted files, it will instantly repair files by reinstalling them or requesting an auto update and downloading them.
1. Click on the start menu and search for the Command Prompt and click on that.
2. After opening the command prompt window, use the command sfc /scannow and press enter.
3. Of course, this may take some time to process, but it will scan every file in your system.
After running the system file checker, there are good possibilities that the monitor shows as the Generic Pnp issue is solved.
Along with these methods, make sure you are using the original version of Windows 10. If you are using two monitors, it may detect only one monitor. You can use the same fixtures when your Windows 10 not detecting second monitor. Still, if you face the error, then it is better to contact a professional for a solution.