With the extensive use of the internet worldwide, we use different browsers to visit various web pages. Amidst this browsing, you might have come across the message that says “This Site Can’t Be Reached” or “The Connection Was Reset”. When Google Chrome or any other browser is redirected to some website, it could be due to several reasons. This “Connection Reset Error” creates trouble, causing interruption to work, thereby breaking our workflow. Sometimes by simply refreshing the page or restarting Chrome helps to overcome this Err_Connection_Reset error. But in certain cases, issues are not resolved and need to be worked out in-depth. Adopting some of these methods can be your saviour and allow you to work uninterruptedly.
7 Easy Methods to Solve ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Error (100% Worked)
Method 1: Check the Proxy Settings
One major issue due to which you encounter this problem is the proxy server that is defined in the internet settings. This blocks the connection setup. To resolve this, just access the proxy settings and deactivate them. For that purpose, follow these steps:
1. Go to the “Control Panel” and open “Internet Options” from various available menus.
2. In the “Internet Properties” tab that opened, click on “Connections” and go to “LAN Settings” in the bottom right corner.
3. Now, your system’s proxy settings open up. Under the “Proxy Server” heading, deactivate it by unchecking the box next to “Use a proxy server for your LAN”.
4. Click “OK”, and now try to access your browser website again.
Method 2: Fix the Error by Clearing the Browser Cache
Your web browser stores not only cookies and cache but also some data from various websites that you have visited. Sometimes this cache does not match the current version of the website, and thus error occurs. You can overcome this Err connection closed Chrome by clearing the browser’s cache and cookies.
1. Open Chrome and go to the “Menu” option, which will be in the form of 3 dots on the upper right corner and then go to “More Tools”.
2. Select “Clear browsing data” from the generated options.
3. In the “Clear Browsing Data” window that opens, select the” time range All time” and select boxes of options that are available.
4. Select “Clear Data”. Now load the page again and see if the issue resolved.
Method 3: Checking Internet and VPN Connection
Whenever you encounter any message such as “site cannot be reached connection was reset” the first thing you should do is to check your internet and VPN connection.
- If you are using a wired connection, ensure that all cables are properly intact and not loose.
- In case of a VPN, make sure that the connection is stable and does not cause any interruptions.
- Most VPNs have a network lock option. This blocks the internet connection when the VPN connection is lost. Disabling this can help to solve your problem.
Method 4: Fixing the Error by Checking Firewall Settings
In many cases, checking the firewall settings can be helpful to resolve your Err_connection_reset Windows 10 problem. Follow these steps to disable the Firewall on Windows 10.
1. Open the “Power User” menu by pressing together the “Windows + X” keys on your keyboard. Then go to “Control Panel”.
2. Go to “System and Security”
3. Then open the “Windows Firewall” option.
4. Click on the “Turn Windows Firewall on or off” option.
5. Enable the “Turn Off Windows Firewall” option for each available network.
6. After disabling the “Firewall”, check whether your webpage opens properly on your browser.
Method 5: Disabling Antivirus or Real Time Protection
To fix error connection reset, checking the antivirus program also works. This is because antivirus settings may restrict some individual programs from opening. To disable real-time protection on Windows 10, going through these measures can be effective:
1. Open “Settings” from the “Start” menu.
2. Go to the “Update and Security” option from the menu that appears.
3. In the “Windows Defender” tab, Disable “Real-Time Protection”.
4. Now check whether your connection issue is resolved.
Method 6: Change the Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU)
1. Go to the “Start” menu and open the “Command Prompt” as admin.
2. In the “Command Prompt”, type “netsh interface ipv4 show subinterface” and then press “Enter”.
3. Now you will see the active network connection.
4. After that, enter the next command, “netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface Name of active network (whatever network you are using) mtu=1450 store=persistent”, and then press “Enter”.
5. Now open the webpage again.
Method 7: Reset TCP/IP Settings
Any change in the IP address during browsing can also be an appropriate solution for err_connection_reset Chrome. Check for the IP settings using these steps.
1. Press “Windows key + X” to open the power user menu.
2. Now open the “Command Prompt (Admin)” option. If this option is not available, then alternatively select the “Windows PowerShell (Admin)” option.
3. In the command prompt enter these commands:
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- ipconfig /flushdns
4. After resetting TCP/IP settings, restart your PC and check if your webpage is successfully loaded or not.
Err_connection_reset fix is something that you all must have come across while browsing on your network. In this kind of situation, there will be an error message displayed showing that the “Chrome web store network failed”. Such may be the case with not only Chrome but on any browser. Resolving this is possible in several ways as it can be the result of different factors. In this article, you can find multiple methods, as mentioned above, to conquer this matter. Following step-by-step guidelines can aid you to have uninterrupted or smooth browsing on your network.