To catch up with your friends, Discord is an interesting app laced with abundant texting styles for sharing your gaming adventure. You can receive and send messages by decorating them with different emojis and characters to make them look special. But be cautious, sometimes these special messages can turn out to be spoilers for you. Precisely to eliminate this issue, Discord has come up with a new markdown feature: spoiler tag.
Discord spoiler markdown allows you to mark your messages with “Spoiler” before you send them to any recipient. How to use this feature or How to mark spoiler on Discord are some main things that Discord users need to know. You can mark your messages as spoilers in several ways without any complex steps. This Discord Spoiler Tag will alert receivers of spoiler messages, and it is their wish to open those messages.
What is a Discord Spoiler Tag?
A Discord spoiler tag is a visual tool that allows users to hide specific text and images containing sensitive or plot-revealing information. This feature is especially important for online gaming communities, as it allows users to discuss game events without spoiling the fun for others. The spoiler tag can be activated by adding two vertical bars before and after the text/image or using the “/spoiler” command. Discord allows users to customize their spoiler tags with different colours and titles.
Types of Discord Spoiler Tags
Discord is a popular communication platform, particularly for online gaming communities. Gaming enthusiasts and other Discord users can share interesting experiences and moments they witness in different games or activities on this platform. However, some people may not like or want to see spoilers. Therefore, Discord has developed a range of spoiler tags to help users hide or mask their messages and posts to avoid those unwanted spoilers. These spoilers Discord tags include:
- Text spoiler tags: This is the most basic and common type of spoiler tag used in Discord. It allows users to hide a text message or a portion of it from other Discord users. To use this tag, start the sentence with ||(two vertical bars) and end it with ||. For example, ||Spoilers Alert!|| This feature usually works well when you want to conceal a specific part of a message, such as a theory or surprise in a story.
- Image spoiler tags: This spoiler tag is similar to the text but is used for images. An image is covered with a black overlay, and users must click on it to reveal it. This is particularly useful when you want to share a screenshot or image that contains spoilers. To activate image spoiler tags, you can either use the icon in the chat bar or type ||Spoiler tag before the file name. For example, ||Spoiler tagfile name.png||
- Link spoiler tags: This spoiler tag works by masking the preview of a link you want to send in Discord. To use this feature, you add a spoiler tag before the link. For instance, ||Spoiler tagLink to full video||. This function is useful in cases where you want to share a video or other content but does not want to give away what it contains before people watch it.
- Emoji spoiler tags: As the name suggests, this spoiler tag is used to conceal spoilers from users with emoji symbols. Discord uses emojis instead of the Spoiler text when you input the spoiler tag. To use this feature, click on the ” Spoiler ” button and then select the emoji you want to use to replace the text. People who have not clicked on the Spoiler tag will see a message like “(user) has sent a spoiler message.”
- Reaction spoiler tags: Lastly, this type of spoiler tag covers up spoilers by giving a custom message to anybody who wants to react to a message. To use this feature, input the spoiler tag and add your custom message to the reaction message. When a user hovers over the reaction button, your custom message will be displayed instead of the normal one.
Discord Spoiler Tag Options and Settings
Discord spoiler commands enable users to mark certain messages or parts of a conversation as spoilers, meaning they will not be displayed until the user chooses to view them. In this article, we will explore the various settings and options available to users when setting up spoiler tags on Discord.
- Marking Spoiler Tags: The first and foremost option available to users when setting up spoiler tags on Discord is to mark them. Discord mark spoilers are of two ways, using ‘/spoiler’ or the ‘#’ symbol followed by the word ‘spoiler’. Users can use any of the two mentioned ways to mark spoilers. Both methods are acceptable, but using the ‘/spoiler’ option is always a good practice.
- Encrypted View: Discord provides users with the feature to hide sensitive content behind encryption. Once a message or a part of a conversation is tagged as a spoiler, Discord encrypts it, making it unreadable until the user chooses to view it. This feature is useful for individuals who want to avoid spoilers for a TV show or film but also works wonders to hide sensitive content like email addresses, phone numbers, or banking details.
- Group Settings: Discord allows users to set up spoiler tags for individual groups. This feature is particularly useful for moderators of a group who want to have some control over the content that is shared on the platform. By enabling group settings for spoiler tags, moderators can ensure that any sensitive or triggering content is hidden until users choose to view it.
- Auto Spoiler Tags: Discord’s Auto Spoiler Tag feature ensures that any media containing spoilers, like images, videos, or documents, is automatically marked as a ‘Spoiler.’ Users can then use Discord’s Spoiler Tag feature to access the media, should they choose to do so. The auto-spoiler feature is a very useful tool as it helps prevent accidental spoilers, especially for users who are not familiar with the platform.
- Mobile App Settings: In addition to desktop web versions, Discord has a mobile app that allows users to communicate on the go. However, mobile versions of the app may not necessarily work the same way as their desktop counterparts. Discord has addressed this issue by providing users with specific mobile app settings for spoiler tags. Users can adjust these settings to ensure that their mobile app works how they want, for instance, by enabling automatic spoiler tagging or encrypting all spoilers.
- General settings: When setting up spoiler tags on Discord, users can first choose whether to enable them on all channels or only on specific ones. This setting can be accessed through the Channel Settings menu, which can be found by clicking on the cog icon next to the channel name. Additionally, users can choose whether to show the spoiler content in the channel list or only when the spoiler tag is clicked on.
- Appearance: Users can customize the appearance of spoiler tags by adjusting the font size, colour, and style. This uses the spoiler tag syntax, ||content||. Users can add CSS styling to this syntax to change the tag’s appearance. For example, ||content|| can be changed to ||content style=color: red; font-size:16px|| to create a red-colored tag with a 16px font size.
- Spoiler content: Discord users can also choose what content to mark as spoilers on their server. This includes everything from images to links and text. Users can simply format content using the double-pipe syntax described above to mark content as spoilers.
- Permissions: Server owners and administrators can also set permissions related to spoiler tags to control who can view and edit them. This includes setting permissions for specific roles and restricting certain users from creating or deleting tags altogether.
- Bot integrations: Discord users can also set up bot integrations to automate creating and managing spoiler tags. This can be a useful way to streamline the process and reduce the risk of leaked sensitive content.
Why are Discord Spoiler Tags Important?
Discord Spoiler Tags are a crucial feature that allows users to share sensitive information without ruining the surprise or suspense for others. This feature helps maintain a positive feedback loop, creating a safe and respectful user environment. With Spoiler Tags, members can maintain the excitement of sharing content without ruining the experience for others. It’s a small feature, but it has a massive impact on creating an inclusive and enjoyable community for everyone.
How to do Spoiler on Discord Text Messages – Desktop?
To add “Spoiler” text on Discord, you can go through multiple ways and adopt these methods on any platform. You can follow these simple steps on how to put a spoiler on Discord text messages using a desktop:
Method 1: How to Make a Spoiler in Discord using /Spoiler Tag?
To add a spoiler tag in Discord text message, you can type “/spoiler” at the start of any message. Adding “/spoiler” at the start will hide that message and give the right to recipients to view that message only when they wish to do so.
Method 2: How to Spoiler Tag in Discord using Markdown?
You can also use the “Discord Markdown” to know how to mark something as a spoiler on Discord. Adding spoiler tags with markdown is quite simple. Just type your phrase and add two vertical bars at the start and end of the phrase. Press “Shift + Backslash” on your keyboard to generate these vertical bars. Surrounding your message with these bars ensures that it appears as a spoiler message to the recipient or as Discord Hidden Text. It will open only when your receiver clicks on it.
Method 3: How to Add Spoiler Tag in Discord using ‘Mark As Spoiler’ Tag?
To mark your text as a spoiler, you can follow another way that is quite easy to use. Type your message in Discord and highlight the text. Now right-click on the section that comes up with a spoiler tag option. Click on “Mark as Spoiler”. This will hide the content for other users until he/she clicks on it to reveal it.
Method 4: How to do Spoiler Tag on Discord using Eye Symbol?
If you don’t find any of these methods interesting, then here is one more that can mark your text as a spoiler message. Type your text and highlight it before you post. A pop-up bar appears in which, on the right corner, is an “Eye” symbol. Click on it to tag your message as a spoiler.
How to Mark as Spoiler on Discord Mobile?
Discord is one of the most widely used communication platforms by gamers, creators, and communities. It offers a variety of features, including the ability to hide spoilers. You can mark your text as a spoiler on Discord mobile to keep your fellow members entertained and avoid spoiling their experience. This article will discuss how to mark spoilers on Discord mobile for Android and iOS devices.
How to Spoiler Text on Discord Mobile for Android?
- Open the Discord app on your Android device.
- Select the channel or the direct message where you want to send a spoiler.
- Type your message and use the vertical bar character (|) before and after the text you want to mark as a spoiler. Wrap the text as “|| Insert Spoiler ||” and it will appear as a spoiler.
- Send the message. The discord spoiler tag android text will now appear as a greyed-out message; readers must tap on it to reveal the contents.
How to Hide Spoilers on Discord Mobile for IOS?
- Open the Discord app on your IOS device.
- Select the channel or the direct message where you want to hide a spoiler.
- Tap and hold the message that contains the spoiler.
- A list of options will appear. Select the Discord Mark as Spoiler option.
- The text will now appear as a greyed-out message; readers must tap on it to reveal the contents.
Method 3: Discord Spoiler Image in Mobile
Sending Discord spoiler images on mobile is quite tricky as compared to that on PC. For sending spoiler image on mobile, check on these measures:
1. Navigate to the “File Manager” of your mobile phone. Using an inbuilt file manager for mobile devices can also work.
2. In the File Manager, go to an image that you want to send as a spoiler.
3. Rename that image by adding “Spoiler_” at the beginning of the name. Now send that image on the Discord server after renaming.
4. Once you have sent that message, it would appear as a spoiler to your recipient.
How to Spoiler on Discord for Images and Attachments?
Discord is a popular communication platform among gamers, but it can also be used for other purposes, like sharing images and videos. However, sometimes you may want to hide certain images or attachments from others for privacy or spoiler reasons. Here, we will explain how to spoiler in Discord to hide images or attachments.
How to Spoiler an Image on Discord?
- Open the Discord server and select the text channel to send the image.
- Click the “+” button on the message box’s left side.
- Select the “Upload File” option and choose the image you want to send.
- Once the image has been uploaded, hover your cursor over it until you see the “Spoiler” option.
- Click on the “Spoiler” option, and the spoiler image discord will now be hidden with a black box.
How to Spoil a Video on Discord?
- Open the Discord server and select the text channel to send the video.
- Click the “+” button on the message box’s left side.
- Select the “Upload File” option and choose the video you want to send.
- Once the video has been uploaded, hover your cursor over it until you see the “Spoiler” option.
- Click on the “Spoiler” option, and the spoiler video discord will now be hidden with a black box.
How to View the Discord Spoiler Tag?
One of Discord’s unique features is the ability to hide spoilers behind a black box. This is an invaluable tool for those who want to discuss games, movies, or TV shows without spoiling important plot points for others. If you’re new to Discord or just haven’t encountered a spoiler yet, here’s how to view a Discord spoilers tag:
- Hover over the black box – Spoilers on Discord are hidden behind a black box. To view what’s inside, hover your mouse over the black box. This will reveal the content within.
- Click on the spoiler tag: If you’re on mobile or can’t hover your mouse, don’t worry. You can also click on the spoiler tag discord mobile to reveal the content. Look for the grey “spoiler” tag next to the black box, and click on it to see what’s hidden inside.
- Confirm before revealing – Before revealing a spoiler, ensure you’re ready to read or see what’s inside. Spoiler tags protect people from having important plot points ruined for them. If unprepared for what’s inside, simply steer clear of the spoiler.
- Use spoiler tags yourself: If discussing something that might contain spoilers, use spoiler tags yourself. This is a sign of respect for your fellow Discord users and ensures everyone can enjoy their favorite games, movies, and TV shows without ruining the plot.
How to Disable the Discord Spoiler Tag?
If you wish to forbid spoiler tags Discord on your server for any reason, you can do so by simply taking into measure these steps:
1. Go to “User Settings” on your Discord account, then click on “Text and Images”.
2. Look for a box that says “Show Spoiler Content”. You will find 3 options in this box.
3. Selecting “On Click” means that your server members can click on the spoiler tag to reveal message content.
4. Selecting “On Servers I Moderate” states that you can control all tags on servers you control.
5. Clicking on “Always” means there are no spoiler tags for showing.
How do you add spoilers in Discord?
To add a spoiler for Discord, wrap the text in double vertical bars and add “spoiler” immediately after: ||spoiler||. This will hide the text until clicked.
How to spoil on Discord for GIFs?
To spoil a GIF on Discord, add two vertical bars before and after the file name (e.g., ||file name.gif||). It will be hidden until clicked on.
How to send spoiler messages on Discord?
To send a spoiler message Discord, simply wrap the message in double vertical bars ||like this||. This will hide the text until clicked, preventing spoilers.
How do spoilers in Discord for hiding links?
To do spoilers in Discord, enclose the text with two vertical bars (||) at the beginning and end. This hides the text until the user clicks on it. Hiding links can help prevent spam and preserve the flow of conversation. Be considerate when using this feature.
How do spoilers on Discord on Apple phones?
Type “||” before and after the spoiler text to use discord spoiler image iOS. This will blur the spoiler text discord until clicked, revealing the message.
How to do spoilers in Discord?
To do a spoiler on Discord, wrap your message with two vertical bars ||like this||. It will hide the content until clicked.
How to mark as spoiler Discord?
To mark a message as a spoiler on Discord, simply enclose it in double vertical bars ||like this||. This will blur the message until clicked, protecting recipients from unwanted spoilers.
How to put spoiler on Discord image?
To add a spoiler to a Discord image, first upload the image and then right-click on it. Choose the “Mark as Spoiler” option.
How to make Discord text spoiler?
Text spoilers on Discord are created by enclosing the spoiler content in double vertical bars (“||”). For example: ||Spoiler Content||.
How to use spoilers in Discord?
In order to use spoilers in Discord, enclose the words you wish to conceal in vertical bars, ||like this||. The concealed text is only visible when a user clicks on the spoiler.
Discord users enjoy the privilege of spoiler tags as sometimes some people won’t like to read any information which they feel like spoilers. So with a Discord spoiler message tag, you can keep such information hidden by marking it as Discord Spoiler Text. Your recipients will receive this information in a spoiler or hidden form and can only reveal if he/she wishes to do so. In simple words, spoiler tags provide flexibility for receivers to view any information that can be termed as spoilers only with their consent. To know all about spoiler tags and how to mark spoilers in Discord, this article can be of utmost help to you.